The College of Wooster is seeking comments from its constituencies about the College in preparation for its upcoming periodic evaluation for continuing accreditation by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association, which has accredited Wooster since 1915. A team representing the Higher Learning Commission will visit the campus April 15-17, 2013 to review our ongoing ability to meet the Commission’s Criteria for Accreditation.
The Commission seeks comments related to how well the College is meeting its core mission, and in particular, the quality of our educational programs. Specifically, they want to know how well we are doing at:
- Fulfilling our core mission;
- Developing our Graduate Qualities in our students;
- Acting with “integrity, and that what we do and how we do it is both ethical and responsible;”
- Providing and supporting a “high quality education:” that our programs are appropriate for our mission, we have the faculty and staff needed to support our programs, we provide students with appropriate support services, and we have co-curricular programs that contribute to the education of our students;
- Demonstrating a commitment to student educational achievement and program improvement through ongoing assessment of student learning; and
- Engaging in systematic and integrating planning that takes into account our resources, assessment findings, and institutional priorities in our decisions about how we allocate our resources (human, facilities, financial)
You may submit comments by mail or electronically:
Third-Party Comment on The College of Wooster
The Higher Learning Commission
230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500
Chicago, IL 60604-1411
Electronically on the Commission’s website (and to learn more about the comment process):
Please send any comments to the Higher Learning Commission by April 1, 2013.